Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just Jake

Sarah and Grahambo are away for the weekend, so I'm getting some nice alone time with Jakey. Unfortunately, I think he is fighting some kind of bug because this has been his day so far:

6:30 - Wide awake and angrier than Glenn Beck at a fact checking convention

6:35 - Having none of the attempted "daddy snuggle for 30 more minutes of rest"

7:00 - Finishes 8 oz bottle and insists on MORE!

7:10 - Finishes 4 more ounces and settles in on couch next to daddy for some morning videos. Oooooh, Katy Perry!

7:20 - Literally geysers 11.5 oz across the family room, dousing self, father and many electronics

7:30 - Daddy and Jakey hit the tub

(sidenote - Fathers, back me up on this; little boys are bewildered, amazed and insanely curious about your penis. Whenever I take baths with these guys its like I have flashing lights on it or something. It makes me want to build a time machine so they can spread the gospel of my amazing physique to all the girls in the early '90's who simply considered me...um... "gross". If they only knew. Oh well.)

8:00 - Resumes crying and meets Daddy's attempt to feed him pears by spitting most back in his face.

8:30 - Mildly interested in videos. Appears to catch slight case of Bieber fever.

8:45 - Conks out and sleeps nearly 3 hours

Could be a long day ahead.....

No comments: