Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The great outdoors

Sooner or later I have to accept that it is actually November and winter is nearly here.

I hate winter more than anything else in the world. I hate the cold, the snow, the heating bills and the early sunsets. I hate the holiday weight gain, the shoveling and the icy sidewalks. I really can't overstate how miserable I think it is.

So, with that in mind, the boys and I have been trying our best to wring the last miserable shards of autumn out of upstate New York. Enjoy.

Graham playing the old time favorite "Poke the vestigial wooden post with a stick"

The view from the bench

Jakey considering the best spot to lay his next banana spit

We got to a field and Graham decided we should build our next house there. He carefully walked through the reeds until he got to this spot. Also popular in this spot? Dog shit. Oh well.

"And that's where my bedroom will go"

Hiking makes babies tired


No comments: