Thursday, September 2, 2010

Conversations with Grahambo

As a stay at home parent, you inevitably lose touch a bit with the outside world. You spend less time in front of the TV, on the internet or reading than you used to. And you run the risk of never actually talking to adults, which can really screw with your mind. It's just not natural to only converse with 2 year olds.

So today I invite you into my world to see the types of conversation I've been having recently. These are two gems from Grahambo over the past couple of days

Conversation 1:

(Graham just steps out of baby pool, nude)
Mr. Dad: Hey buddy, was that fun?
Grahambo: Yes!
Mr. Dad: OK, bud, let's go get some lunch.
Grahambo: (eyeing Tyler's tractor - see yesterday's post) I want to ride the tractor!
Mr. Dad: We can do that later...
Grahambo: No, I want to ride the tractor when I grow up!
Mr. Dad: Ok, you want to be a farmer?
Grahambo: No Daddy! I want to drive the tractor!!!
Mr. Dad: That's fine. However, I do think you might need some clothes for that.
Grahambo: No, no clothes! No clothes on the tractor.
Mr. Dad: OK, so let me get this straight - for your career you want to be a nude tractor driver?
Grahambo: Yes
Mr. Dad: By yourself? Won't you get lonely during those long naked days on the tractor?
Grahambo: No, Julian (Graham's best little buddy) will come.
Mr. Dad: Ah, it all makes sense now.

Conversation 2:

(Graham throws a toy off the diaper table as I am changing him. It's been a long morning.)
Mr. Dad: Graham! Why did you do that?
Grahambo: Because I did it
Mr. Dad: I know you did it. Why did you do it?
Grahambo: Because I did
Mr. Dad: Remember how we talked about listening? That is bad listening. Do you remember what kind of listening I need you to do?
Grahambo: Bad listening? (giggles)
Mr. Dad: Graham!
Grahambo: Good listening?
Mr. Dad: Yes, good listening. You see, when I ask you to do something, I need you....
Grahambo: Daddy?
Mr. Dad: Yes?
Grahambo: Are we done here?
Mr. Dad: Um, what?
Grahambo: Are we done here, daddy?
Mr. Dad: Sure.


Update: I know many of you are probably worried about Grahambo being able to fulfill his tractor destiny. I mean, you're probably thinking "Sure, he can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?"

In a word, yes. And Julian can come too.

2 comments:

lorraine said...

I hope they had sunscreen on!

Unknown said...

Excellent positioning of the steering wheel! You're welcome for the free legal advice.